- Industry Hills Golf Club began its operations in 1979 as one of the only 36 hole complexes in Los Angeles County.
- Designed by legendary California architect William Bell Jr., the Dwight Eisenhower (The Ike) and Babe Zaharias (The Babe) courses were immediately recognized as two of California’s finest.
- The recently refurbished “Babe” course, hosted the ESPY Celebrity Golf Classic
- Employed since 1991, Director of Golf, Dave Youpa, is a PGA Class A member since 1995 and winner of the prestigious SCGA Golf Professional of the Year for 2004.
- Southland Golf Magazine’s Hot 100 List – Best Golf Experience
- Best Course Conditions Los Angeles – Greenskeeper.org
- Gold Tee Award – Meetings & Convention Magazine
- Ace Award – Successful Meetings Magazine
- The “Ike” is rated 4.5 Stars and the “Babe” 4 Stars by Golf Digest Magazine
- Golf Digest named the Ike (#1) and Babe (#9) in the Top 10 “Courses You Can Play in Los Angeles and Orange County”
- Golf Digest recognized the Ike as one of the Top 5 Renovations in 2007 sharing the spotlight with such legendary golf destinations as The Greenbrier in West Virginia and The Broadmoor in Colorado.
- California Golf Course Operators Association awarded Industry Hills Golf Club as “Courses of the Year for 2009-2010”.
- National Golf Course Owners Association awarded Industry Hills Golf Club as “Best Golf Courses of the Year 2010” in the United States of America.
- Greens of Distinction – Corporate Meetings & Incentives Magazine
- Think the courses look familiar? You’ve may have seen them on HBO’s “Entourage”, NBC’s “Las Vegas” movies and TV commercials for Adidas, Dr. Pepper, Holiday Inn, Nike and Pinnacle Golf
Welcome to the new Industry Hills Golf Club at Pacific Palms Resort – one of the most distinctive golf facilities on the West Coast. Its long fairways, towering trees and panoramic views of valleys and mountains attract golf enthusiasts and professional players from near and far. The semi-private club offers 36 holes of championship golf on two courses.
$17 MILLION MAKEOVER
Both courses and the clubhouse were updated as part of a $17 million refurbishment project. Landscape upgrades made the award-winning courses more luxurious and playable without changing the layout. Plans included a new pro shop, new Tifway II grass on fairways, reshaped bunkers with crushed marble, five new greens on each course, and a high-tech irrigation system.
DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER COURSE – “THE IKE”
Designer: William F. Bell / Casey O’Callaghan
Known For: Long fairways and large undulating greens.
Yards: 5,620 – 7,199 (from championship tees)
Rating & Slope: 73.3 /136 (from blue tees)
Events: Qualifiers for the U.S. Open, U.S. Amateur, Nissan L.A. Open, Champions Tour Toshiba
Classic; and the California Women’s Championshi
BABE DIDRIKSON ZAHARIAS COURSE – “THE BABE”
Designer: William F. Bell / Casey O’Callaghan
Known for: Narrow fairways and strategically placed bunkers.
Yards: 5,363 – 6,821 (from championship tees)
Rating & Slope: 72.9/132 (from blue tees)
Events: Qualifier for Nissan L.A. Open, Ladies Professional Golf Association Olympia Gold Golf Classic, the California Women’s Championship and the Centennial Southern California Golf Association Championship.
PRACTICE, INSTRUCTION AND MEMBERSHIP
The resort’s $2 million, state-of-the-art driving range offers 64 double-decked stalls, synthetic turf, simulated hazards and two putting greens. Individual and group instruction is offered by PGA golf professionals. Open to the public, Industry Hills Golf Club at Pacific Palms Resort offers a wide range of membership choices each with its own privileges.
PROFESSIONAL EVENTS INCLUDE
2011 LPGA Kia Classic, Monday Qualifier for Northern Trust PGA Event, Men’s and Women’s US Open Qualifiers, LPGA Olympia Gold Classic (2 years), Korea-Am LPGA Pro-Am, SCGA /SCPGA Championship Tournaments, California State Women’s Championship, AJGA Junior Championships, SCPGA Junior Tour, and Industry Hills City Championship
The Industry Hills Golf Club at Pacific Palms is the ultimate destination for tournaments, corporate meetings and fundraisers. The Pacific Palms Resort golf team can customize packages for up to 400 players. Of the 90,000 golf rounds played each year, 24,000 are groups of 16 players or more. Celebrities such as Kevin Costner, Martin Sheen and David Beckam have played in tournaments at the resort.
CORPORATE & CHARITY EVENTS
The ESPY Celebrity Golf Tournament, The ESPN – Lexus Celebrity Golf Tournament, AT & T Jim Hill & Tim Brown Celebrity Golf Tournament, LA Toys for Tots Golf Tournament, California Sports Hall of Fame Golf Tournament, The Jim Hill Celebrity Golf Tournament, Los Angeles Kings Golf Tournament, Los Angeles Galaxy Golf Tournament, Major League Baseball Youth Academy, World Baseball Classic VIP Golf Tournament, Chivas USA Foundation, Boy Scouts of America, Mexican American Opportunity Foundation, King’s Cup, Loyola Marymount University, Azusa Pacific University, Mt. San Antonio College, La Salle High School, and City of Hope, In & Out Burger Foundation, Comerica Bank, Cathay Bank, Northrup Grumman, Southern California Petroleum Industry Charity Association, Playboy Golf National Finals, Home Depot, Staple Center Suiteholders, WorleyParsons, Hannam Market Chain, Vons Foundation, Gelson’s Market, Smart & Final, Control Air Corporation, Panda Restaurant Group, Arby’s Foundation, Verizon CITE, Washington Iron Works, American Fish & Seafood, Enterprise Rent A Car, Murray Company, Pac 10 Properties Golf Tournament, Producers Guild of America, Oakley Southern California Invitational, Food 4 Less, Aeromexico Charities Golf Tournament, and White Memorial Hospital.
RESORT PRO SHOP AND CARTS
The Industry Hills Resort Pro Shop features the latest golf gear and clothing from premiere brands like Polo Ralph Lauren, LaCoste, Lilly Pulitzer, Tommy Bahama, Burberry, Nike, Cobra Golf and Taylor Made. The updated pro shop opened April 2007 with new services such as bag drop-off, swing analysis and custom club fitting. A new fleet of 200 golf carts was also introduced in 2005.
Pacific Palms is centrally located in Industry Hills, Calif., 23 miles from downtown Los Angeles and within proximity to Orange, San Bernardino and Riverside counties. It is within 38 miles to major Southern California area airports, including Burbank, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Orange County and Ontario.
PACIFIC PALMS RESORT
The Pacific Palms Resort offers state-of-the-art meeting facilities with more than 45,000 square-feet of flexible meeting space, luxurious guest accommodations and recreational activities. The property has undergone a $60 million renovation which was completed in May, 2008. Guests now enjoy the newly renovated Industry Hills Golf Club, RED Restaurant & Bar and The Spa at Pacific Palms.